Wednesday, May 2, 2007

Punx???

Click photo to enlarge

This is graffiti at the Dizengoff fountain. When I saw it I couldn't help laughing though as I totally had a "Life of Brian" moment. There's a scene in Monty Python's "Life of Brian" where he writes "Romans go home" on a wall. Next thing a Roman guard comes out and catches him but instead of shouting at him for telling the Romans to go home the guard starts giving Brian a Latin lesson and showing him that his grammar is incorrect. The guard then demands that Brian rewrite the sentence out 100 times so that he can learn the grammar. It's really funny! And I felt like that Roman guard when I saw this sentence. If I ever catch the little punks....

8 comments:

Sally said...

Thanks for visiting me on theme day. I have been out of computer contact and unable to comment on others.

Anonymous said...

What can I say? The photograph captured the evil deed but your narrative captured my emotions and I ended up with a big smile across my face. Nice job.

Daniel Hasson said...

Ya! And they left the 's' off belongs. Cool pic!

Сергей said...

Hi

Please consider writing news pieces or an op-ed for Jewrusalem: Israeli Uncensored News. We strive to present different views and opinions while rejecting political correctness. Ideally, we try to make the news "smart and funny." Thus, your input is very welcome.

Best,
Alex
www.jewrusalem.net/en

Shammickite said...

Punx dunno howta spel.

RUTH said...

Such a beautiful fountain, a shame to see it defiled. I did smile at your Life Of Brian moment.

Kala said...

this was a pretty funny post - I can imagine the whole script being played out!

Sab said...

It's interesting to see what people around the world do with my beautiful (well ok, curious) language...

I speak from experience because I teach it and I've heard a few disasters in my time.

All the best from Paris, where we have a new president, you might have heard, and he isn't a woman!